Our vibration controls and sway braces provide restoring force to dampen transient loads.
Finish: Standard finish: painted with semi gloss primer.
Corrosion resistant: galvanized with coated coil.
Service: Recommended for controlling vibration; absorbing shock loading; guiding or restraining the movement of pipe resulting from thermal expansion; bracing a pipe line against sway.
Approvals: Complies with Federal Specification A-A-1192A (Type 55) WW-H-171E (Type 55), ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Type 50).
Installation: Shipped ready for installation (see line cuts of Fig. 297, Fig. 298, Fig. 302 and Fig. 303 on page 187 for typical installed hanger assemblies).
Adjustment: The sway brace should be in the neutral position when the system is hot and operating, at which time both spring plates should be in contact with the end plates. If they are not, the sway brace should be adjusted to the neutral position by use of the load coupling.
- Vibration is dampened with an instantaneous opposing force bringing the pipe back to normal position.
- A single pre-loaded spring provides two way movement.
- One spring saves space and simplifies design.
- Spring has 3-inch travel in either direction.
- Accurate neutral adjustment assured.
- A tight fitting connection at rear bracket and clamp.